Music and Emotion



                                                           I met you when I was 18.

                              Lauv is an artist who blows my mind with his soft, sweet, ambient music*SWOOOON*. His music is the kind that is so tangible yet inexplicably beautiful. I learnt that he, like me( or I, like him), started writing songs early in life even without the experiencing the things he has written in his works.Musicians these days seem to know exactly the right notes to hit that affect us in just the right way.

    Troye Sivan, Birdy, Halsey, Astrid S and now  Lauv-these guys get help me emote more through their music. Maybe I have a serious thing for sad vibed or nostalgic love-themed songs, but don't we all? We're only human and emotions make us who we are for sure and sometimes we let our emotions control us rather than it being the other way around.

Martin Garrix's (singers-Romy Dya, Jamie Scott) "So far away" sits on a whole different level, the lyrics hit me like a bullet coated with the feelings that I was supposed to feel at a point in the recent years.Same goes for "The Feeling" by Halsey, Justin Beiber.

Lauv's "I like me better" was the song that introduced me to him."Breathe" is unlike any song I've ever heard in my life, ever.I am so glad I bumped into Lauv and the rest of these amazing artists.

Troye Sivan oozes of pureness in what he writes and sings!"Happy Little Pill" has been my lullaby for a long time now.

"Up in the air" by Thirty Seconds to Mars;"Stitches" by Young Guns help me clear my mind by filling up the rock in them; they don't let me think of anything other than the rock.

Rebecca Ferguson's "Teach Me How To Be Loved", Mat Kearney's "Ships in the Night" are purest I've heard!

These are the only ones that I am able to get off the top of my head!

Sometimes I think music enhances our ability to feel and the need to feel.Other times, it's completely unnecessary that we have to listen to sad music and worsen the on-going bad days. Music and Emotion are the two important things we(I) resort to often times, amongst all other things.

Many say they have had music with them through the ups and downs in life but well, I hope they realize that it was with their own help that they made it out of those rough times, not just with "music" or with their favourite "artists". I mean, give yourself a tap on your shoulder for dealing with your issues and making it out alive successfully. We can't just give away all the credit that we deserve to songs that make you feel things for a while.

The point here is, humans created all that we know of, so you might as well go ahead and be grateful to yourself, even though you are no creator of music.But hey, who knows, one day you might do just that, make music and think you are curing people, which u might be in the case of music therapy and while giving hope to depressed teens through inspiring lyrics.


Just felt like making a quick music post tonight, even though it sounds like I'm against music at the end while I am trying to state human greatness.

Comments

Popular Posts