Chicken steak with garlic and onion sauce

    I've had quite an experimental trial run cooking chicken since school days and what better time than now when I'm home again to get back at it and add to my cooking repertoire with chicken steak with garlic and onion sauce?

    Ever since I bought rosemary for the home garden a couple months ago, I've been meaning to cook a dish with it and photograph it as well: this goes without saying as I snap pictures of everything new and fun I do or come across. So, here goes my first dish flavoured by rosemary. 

Ingredients for the marinade:

Lemon juice

Oil

Oregano

Rosemary

Chillies

Garlic

Salt

Ground pepper and coriander

 

Ingredients for the sauce:

Butter

Rosemary

Caramelised onion and garlic paste

Milk

Lemon juice

 

Procedure:

Rub the chicken breasts with the mixed marinade ingredients. Let sit for an hour.

Butterfly cut or slit the brests diagonally so as to cook properly.

Pan roast the chicken breasts in ghee until golden brown and thoroughly cooked.

Take the steak off the pan and mix ingredients for the sauce in the same pan along with the residual ghee.

The sauce is ready to go after thickening for a minute on low heat.

Plate with blanches beans and cauliflower leaves, rosemary and the remaining sauce drizzled over the steak.

  








    






Comments

Popular Posts