Ma's birthday banana cake

    I visited my aunt's mid-November and I couldn't be more thankful for the environment I was in over the course of the week I stayed at her home. Indian women pour a huge part of their hearts into their cooking and into their baking, and I am so glad I made this visit because I found out from her the answer to a question I've been meaning to look up in Google for the longest time: the right proportions of ingredients to bake the perfect cake. Her proportions were 1:2:3:4 - butter: sugar: eggs: flour. But this reveal took place after mum's birthday so below are the ingredients for the birthday cake with my version of ingredient proportions. 


Ingredients:

Sugar- 1 cup/150g

Banana puree - 1 cup/150g

Butter - 1 cup/150g

Flour - 250g

Cardamom powder 

Vanilla bean 

Baking soda - 1/3 teaspoon 


Procedure:

Beat them together and push into the preheated oven at 170 C for 45 minutes until the cake is done which you will know when a fork pierced into the cake comes out clean.

                         


This one has slices of banana and dates dotting the surface of the batter just before going into the oven. The dark liquid webbing down from the spoon is melted chocolate. 

Do feel free to let me know how your banana cake comes out when you try this recipe out:)


Comments

Popular Posts