(The) Office



This week has been mellow and I feel confident and comfortable in my own skin, in my mind, with myself. I made plans, I am working on those plans, still. Also, here is something that I happened to work on for a sister of mine. I thought I shouldn't disregard this writing as I hadn't worked on a piece that is more than 80 words in a long while. This piece of writing kind of surprised me that I haven't lost touch with writing school essays that apparently have only a 200-word limit. There were days when I used to write 1400 word articles, for work.  maybe this is the reason why it feels alien to me.

With no further ado...

" Early on in life, we are given choices to take and are taught lessons which help us become the people we will one day grow up to be.
A wise man once said,
"Responsibilities are taken, not given".
Surely enough when we are young and are learning to grow, say at school, we are given responsibilities such as finishing the homework on time and leading the class. Such tasks are ingrained in the system to be followed up and completed on time and are labelled as duties of the pupil. At home, one may have the responsibility of taking care of their parent or a sibling which is a responsibility bound by blood. At the end of the day, it is up to an individual to roll up their sleeves and take up the responsibility given they are willing to take it up. When people are pushed to perform tasks that they may like doing, that is a responsibility given. The wise man mentioned in the beginning was Maharishi and he has righty said that responsibilities can only be taken up full-heartedly and the job that is done half-heartedly and in this case, a responsibility that is forced upon never sees the daylight of a day we reach triumph on our own terms."


This impromptu writing stint happened tonight, on request and gave me an idea: Maybe I should write about famous sayings that I have the decent insights for.


Well, the newbie-coworker stated that I tend to say "I want to do" a lot. I agreed. I agree.


So, will I do what I have been wanting to do? Follow me on the journey of my (blog and life) to find out.

Listening to: The City Holds My Heart by Ghostly Kisses
Watching: Hotel Del Luna
Feeling: Like how I was feeling when I first joined my current workplace, three months ago.
Maybe with the newbie joining here, I am feeling the newbie vibrations from back then.

Mellow office days & All-my-neurons-are-fired-up-again state-of-mind


Comments

Popular Posts